Holding Manufacturers Accountable For Their Actions
Product liability cases happen all too often. As consumers, we have the right to believe that manufacturing companies should design quality products that have been tested rigorously to make sure there are no defects or malfunctions. There are federal regulations to ensure that products must meet a certain threshold or requirement before being brought to market.
A product liability claim brings to light that somewhere along the way, the company in charge of designing, creating, or selling the defective product allowed it to slip through their fingers. It then caused injury to a patron or a customer. You may have a valid claim if that product acted beyond its intended use or was found unsafe to use. We understand the pain, confusion, distraction, and questions that often follow tragic events and know that many clients feel overwhelmed by the emotional circumstances that brought them to us.
NO ATTORNEY FEES – we represent our clients on a contingency fee basis. That means you do not pay any attorney fees unless we recover money for you.
How Can I Prove A Product Liability Claim?
Product liability cases can vary widely from case to case. Some cases can be won simply on the basis that the product was advertised or misrepresented, and it caused harm to a consumer. There are other cases that can be difficult to navigate, so it is vital that you enlist a trusted and experienced Cleveland product liability attorney to offer you counsel and guidance through this stressful time.
When facing our law firm, the other side will know they are in for a fight. We represent individuals throughout various types of common defective product cases:
- Dangerous Drugs or Medications. Prescription drugs are the most common cause of allergic reactions in a hospital or other medical facility. The ingredients in these medicines can cause symptoms of anaphylaxis or other allergic reactions. Patients have the duty of informing their medical staff any known allergies during their initial visit. Typically, the nurse who first sees this patient will collect this information to add to medical records and prevent the prescription of those allergy-inducing drugs. Negligence occurs if the doctor fails to read the chart correctly and prescribes these drugs, or orders a higher dosage than recommended.
- Defective or Faulty Medical Devices. When a consumer sustains an injury due to a defective product, a number of parties can be held liable for releasing a product that they knew or should have known posed a risk to users.The jurisdiction in which the product liability case is filed will determine the liability of those involved in the chain of commerce as the defective product passes from the manufacturer to the consumer. A person or company can be held liable for a number of products ranging from faulty medical devices to foods that cause food poisoning.
- Faulty Equipment or Machinery. Depending on the specifics of the case, an injured consumer can seek compensation from one or more liable parties, including manufacturers, wholesalers, and/or retail outlets. Determining the defendant in the case is not a matter of choosing one liable party over another; any party involved in a faulty product’s chain of distribution may be held accountable through a product liability lawsuit. When beginning to put together a claim for faulty equipment it is important to include any party involved in the chain of distribution.
- Illnesses or Poisoning from Food Products. We are one of the few firms in the Cleveland area with the resources and experience needed to handle these types of lawsuits, at the same time, making it as easy as possible for clients to obtain the compensation they deserve. Simply get in touch with our attorneys, and we’ll handle the rest.
- Seat belts, air bags, and other vehicle parts. An attorney can help ensure you receive full benefits from the insurance company and determine whether you can file a claim for additional damages against the party at fault. If you have suffered a serious injury, we may be able to help you file a lawsuit to claim compensation beyond what is provided by insurance claims.
We can pursue the compensation you deserve after enduring:
- Emotional Anguish
- Loss of ability to lead a normal life/Loss of enjoyment of life.
- Funeral Expenses (in the case of a loved one’s death)
- Medical, Psychological Counseling, and Therapy Expenses
- Loss of Earnings and Lost Earning Potential
- Pain and Suffering
Why Choose The Piscitelli Law Firm?
We work to not only get you the compensation you deserve but to ensure that justice is served and the negligent party is held accountable for their irresponsible actions. Victims who do not have legal representation often receive settlements that are much less than what they are legally entitled to.
Our team at the Piscitelli Law Firm will aggressively pursue your claim to maximize your recovery so you can move forward with financial security. We represent people like you, NOT big businesses or insurance companies. They have enough lawyers. We have successfully recovered millions of dollars in compensation for individuals and their families.
- We can help you determine whether you a valid claim, and how you should proceed.
- No matter how complex your case is, you can rest assured that we are prepared and experienced in fighting for real results.
- We use all of our experience, resources, and creative solutions to help you maximize your compensation.